Don’t Put Up With Sexual Harassment
Employers cannot discriminate against or harass employees because of their gender. From an office in New York City, employee rights attorney Sandra D. Parker assists clients who have been wrongfully discriminated against, harassed, forced to resign or discharged from their job because of their sex.
If you are being sexually harassed at work or you were wrongfully terminated or demoted because of your gender, contact our experienced New York City sexual harassment lawyer at 212-317-2883.
Sexual Harassment In The Workplace
There are two types of sexual harassment:
- Quid pro quo: This is blatant harassment whereby a supervisor provides the employee with an ultimatum that requires the employee to do something of a sexual nature.
- Hostile work environment harassment: Harassment based on a hostile work environment is more subtle. It includes innuendo, behavior and comments that make the workplace uncomfortable.
Hostile work environment claims do not just apply to sexual harassment. A hostile work environment can be created based on race, age, disability or other protected classifications. We can help you bring a hostile work environment claim so that you do not have to put up with harassing behavior any longer.
Gender Discrimination In The Workplace
At the Law Office of Sandra D. Parker, we also handle gender discrimination claims. These types of cases may include:
- Being paid less than the other gender for the same work
- Being denied promotion
- Being demoted or terminated because of pregnancy
- Being denied the pregnancy leave that is provided for under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Being denied appropriate accommodations after returning to work from a pregnancy leave
We handle all types of discrimination claims, including race discrimination, religious discrimination and age discrimination. We also assist clients who have faced discrimination based on pregnancy status.
Contact Our New York Gender Discrimination Lawyer Today
Contact our law office at 212-317-2883 to arrange for a consultation with a skilled New York sexual harassment and gender discrimination attorney. The Law Office of Sandra D. Parker is in the Rockefeller Center area, close to St. Patrick’s Cathedral.